Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Mindfulness


Excitedly, I spend time throughout our days sharing mindfulness with the students of Room 37, also known as Team Caputo/Garagliano. So far, classes have practiced mindful bodies, mindful listening, mindful movement, and mindful breathing.  The best is yet to come!  The intention of mindfulness is to paying attention.  Mondays are our days to meditate.  We meditate before beginning our day and settling in to our new week of school.  I like Dr. Deepak Chopra's app My Light Shines Bright Anunda Kids.  The guided meditations give mindful messages that build confidence and create positive self-esteem.

I think you'll be as excited as I am to hear the following statements from your children after our practice:

  • "I had a headache when I came in to class and now it's gone."
  • "My stomach was really unsettled all day and now I feel fine."
  • "Thank you so much for allowing us this time.  I never get the chance to stop throughout my day, even when I'm home.  I really love having the lights off."
  • "This time really gives me the opportunity to think about things I've been wanting to give my attention to for awhile, but can't."

What I find most exciting is when students share mindfulness experiences they have outside of school. This particular magazine posted above was shared with me by one of the kids.  I was so excited to hear about it, I went right out and bought it that very same day.

We live in a time where mindfulness doesn't come naturally for many.  Ask to to be shown some mindfulness tricks and have fun practicing with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.